Send an email campaign
An email campaign is an email sent to a group of people that can be tracked and measured via opens and clicks. They help you gauge interest amongst your prospects while filtering out those who are engaged with your proposals. When done right, email campaigns fast-track sales conversations, demos, and ultimately closes. You will spend less time figuring out who might be interested in your solution and more time closing those who definitely are.
Define your audience
- In a People or Deals list view, you can build your contact list by filtering on the defining characteristics (fields) of your audience such as location, job title, tag, status or custom field. Campaigns created from the Deals tab will only send to the primary contact.
From there, select all records on the list, click Send Campaign and name it something memorable. *Your email must be synced otherwise you will not have the Send Campaign button.
- Enter the campaign information
You can now start building your campaign. You’ll need to provide a Campaign Name - you’ll refer to this name when keeping track of the campaign results after it’s sent.
- Compose the email message
Next, you’ll do the basic email stuff -- creating a subject line and email content.
- Use a template -- they save you time from having to rebuild the same content over and over again, and they also make your email performance metrics more meaningful.
- Use merge tags -- take your campaigns to the next level and personalize the content with the recipient’s name, company, etc.
- Send yourself a test of the email to make sure everything is in order before officially sending it off.
- Send away! You can choose to send the email immediately or schedule a specific time in the future. (We suggest before lunch for best open rates).
- Campaign emails will log as an activity and you can elect to receive an alert when the email is opened, add a trackable link and attachment, and save the email as a template.
Track the campaign’s results
Once you’ve sent your campaign, check out its performance in the Campaigns list view. Here you can see how many people have opened the email and clicked on any links / attachments.