If there are two records of the same deal in your account, each with data you want to preserve to a single record, Administrators can merge the duplicate deal profile records.
Steps to Merge Duplicate Deals
- Navigate first to the most complete profile to preserve the most data. The duplicate record will be merged in to this one.
- On the Deal profile page that you want to maintain, click the Actions button > Merge
3. Search for the duplicate record. Click on its name in the dropdown to select.
4. Finalize the merge. The record going away will be on the left and the record that will remain will be on the right. Be sure to validate what you are doing as there is no un-merge. Merging is forever.
5. Click the Merge button at the bottom of the page to complete the merge. You can also cancel by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner at the top of the pop up, or by clicking Cancel.
The new record will have a complete history of both including all the Activities, Tasks, Events, People, Company name and Files from the record that was merged.
Merging two records sounds very easy at first, but the actual process is fairly complex. Below are ground rules to further explain the deal merger process:
- The going away record will be merged into the here to stay record.
All files, tasks, events, activities, and people will be transferred to the here to stay record.
NOTE: Merges cannot be undone