PipelineDeals Help Center
Outlook Integration - Overview on Using Feature
Adding emails to your PipelineDeals contacts
- With the PipelineDeals Outlook Add-in installed, you will be able to file emails into your PipelineDeals account under the contact they are associated with. You can add emails, as well as attachments, to PipelineDeals whether the sender or recipient of the message.
- To file an email that you have received into your PipelineDeals account:
- After you’ve setup the PipelineDeals for Outlook Add-in, click on the message in your inbox that you want to add to your PipelineDeals account.
- If the PipelineDeals for Outlook slide-in isn’t already on your screen, click on the “Sync to PipelineDeals” button, if you are using Outlook 2013, 2016 or Outlook for Mac.
- If you are using Outlook.com, you will see the PipelineDeals icon on the header of the message itself in the viewing pane.
- After clicking in the PipelineDeals icon button, you will see a confirmation summary in the slide-in pane that reviews what you will be saving into PipelineDeals. Clicking “Save” will submit the message to be added as an activity under the person contact that matches the email address of the sender. If the save is successful, you will see a confirmation message.
- To file a message that you are sending into your PipelineDeals account.
- In the compose new message window, click on the PipelineDeals icon located on the ribbon bar if you are using Outlook 2013, 2016 or Outlook for Mac.
The icon is located on the bottom right hand corner of the compose window if you are using Outlook.com.
- Once you have completed writing your message, on send, a copy of the message will be sent to PipelineDeals and filed under the contact that matches the email address in the “To” field. If a contact matching this address doesn’t exist, a new person record will be created and the email filed as an activity under that record.
Syncing Contacts between Outlook and PipelineDeals
Outlook and PipelineDeals will attempt to sync your contacts on first setup of the add-in. After the initial syncing, Outlook will apply the “PipelineDeals” category to all contacts brought in from PipelineDeals. To send contacts from Outlook into PipelineDeals, you will need to apply the “PipelineDeals” category. Changes to a contact will update bi-directionally, with priority given to the most recent change.
Limitation: Outlook.com does not currently support contact categories (for people contacts) in its user interface. Therefore, you will not be able to apply the PipelineDeals category to indicate the record should be synced. You are able to create the record in PipelineDeals by clicking the “Sync to PipelineDeals” button if you receive an email or are sending a message to that recipient.
Syncing Tasks and Events between Outlook and PipelineDeals
The add-in will sync the tasks and events in your Pipeline account with Outlook. The initial sync will begin when you first enable the add-in. As new tasks or events are added to PipelineDeals they will also be added Outlook. Any tasks or events entered into Outlook will need to have the PipelineDeals Category, in order to sync them into PipelineDeals. Changes made to tasks and events will update bi-directionally with priority given to the most recently updated change version of the record. Syncing between the two programs automatically occurs on a 5 minute cycle.
Limitation: Repeating tasks and events are not currently supported.