PipelineDeals Help Center
Overview of Sales Reporting and Forecasting
The Reports tab is the hub for all your sales reporting and forecasting in PipelineDeals. In this section of the app, you can get a higher level understanding of the most important sales metrics in your business.
With sales reporting and forecasting, you can analyze sales performance over time, understand the performance between deal owners and between different types of deals, and forecast sales for individuals, teams, and your company.
The Reports tab is divided into several areas:
Navigating Between Reports and Forecasting
You can navigate between reports using the left-side navigation. Reports are divided into three sections:
- Historical Pipeline: Includes deals won, win ratio, lost deals by loss reason, and won deals by source.
- Active Pipeline (Sales Forecasting): Includes forecasted to close, deals by stage, and active deals by status.
- Activity: Includes your activity report, activity scoreboard, revenue report, recent updates and potentially your ROI report.
Trends Over Time & Comparisons
Each report has three sub-sections to help you compare trends over time, deal owners, or custom deals types.
- Trends Over Time - report on deals over a given timeframe. Allows you to view trends over time.
- Compare Owners - enables you to report and draw comparisons between individual salespeople or teams of salespeople.
- Compare Deal Types - enables you to compare specific types of deals by filtering on custom fields that you track in PipelineDeals.
Report and Forecast on Specific Time Periods
You can create reports or sales forecasts for various timeframes using the date selector in the upper-right corner of the screen on the Reports tab. The following options are available:
- Any time
- This Week
- Last 30 days (default)
- This month
- Last month
- This quarter (calendar)
- Last quarter (calendar)
- This year (calendar)
- Last year (calendar)
- Custom range
Report and Forecast on Specific Owners or Types of Deals
You drill-down on specific salespeople's deals or types of deals using the filter sidebar of the right side of the screen.
In the Trends over time subsection, you can filter by owner, source and/or dropdown and picklist custom deal fields. The Compare owners subsection allows you to filter by source and/or dropdown and picklist custom deal fields. And, you can filter by owner within the Compare deal fields subsection.
For the reports ‘Lost deals by loss reason’ and ‘Won deals by source’ you can also specify what sources or lost reasons you are viewing.
Visit the following links to get a breakdown of each report:
Additional Features on the Reports Tab
Export Reports to Share - You can export a report by clicking the drop down arrow next to “Export” on the top left portion of the screen. You can export a PNG/JPG file of the visual chart and you can export a CSV file of the underlying data to review.
Save Custom Reports - You can save custom reports that you create in each reporting sub-section. Saved reports can only be accessed via their parent report. In other words, if you create a custom report under the 'Lost deals by lost reason' report section, you can review that saved report by navigating back to this reporting section in the future.
You can save any report by clicking the “Save” button on the top left portion of the screen. Additionally, saved reports can be saved over, renamed and deleted via the Saved Reports selector.
Note: Saved reports must have unique names.
Tools & Navigation
- Chart hover tooltip- if you hover over any data point in the chart, you can review the specific value on the chart.
- $/# Toggle for Your Y-Axis- the y-axis is the deal value in dollars (default) or number of deals
Note: Not available in Win ratio report
Before comparing your data, we suggest you select which specific sub-section you want to analyze. You can then choose the time frame you want to review using the date selector in the upper right corner of the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the sentence summary?
- The sentence summary describes the data that you are reviewing on the report. It automatically updates based on selections made in the right sidebar and will appear in light grey above your chart or graph.
Q: Does the Reporting tab appear differently to Standard and Accelerator users?
- No, there is no difference between reports available for Standard and Accelerator users.
Q: What data can my users see in the Reporting tab?
- The visibility of data is based on user role (executive, manager and basic) and the visibility rules in your account. In short, if you can see the data in the Deals tab, then you can report on it. Basic users will only be able to report on deals that they own or that have been shared with them.
Q: What happens to my user data if I make a user inactive?
- Data for inactive users can still be reviewed. Like in list views, they will appear in the inactive users category when you compare different deal owners.
Q: Can I drill deeper into data provided on the Reports tab?
- Yes! You can drill down deeper on data in the table by selecting a table cell. Click on the cell and you can see the deals referenced. All rows are organized alphabetically by the Deal Name column.
Q: I have added data to compare, but some values appear to be missing from my screen.
- Our goal is for data to display so all information is readable, so a maximum of 11 columns will display through the app. If you wish to view larger data sets, you can export your data to manipulate as desired. Columns or categories that fall out of the 'top 10' in terms of amount of data will appear grouped together as 'Other'.
Q: For the lost deals by reason report, what if I do not have a lost reason specified to a deal?
- Deals without a loss reason will appear as “Has no value.”