PipelineDeals Help Center
Lost Deals By Loss Reason
The Lost Deals by Loss Reason report helps you identify why individual salespeople and the team are losing deals. This report is populated using data on Closed/Lost deals and the custom 'Loss Reasons' defined by your account admin(s).
You can filter your report by the following factors:
- Loss reason
- Time frame
- Dropdown or Picklist Custom Fields
Note: This report includes a dedicated area at the bottom of the sidebar that lets you control which loss reasons are included in the chart. All values are selected by default. The active deal loss reasons that you may select may changed based on the specified timeframe.
Example Use Case
Did we lose more deals due to a client moving to a competitor or because our service didn't meet the client's needs?
The Lost Deals by Loss Reason report helps you understand why you're losing deals. To find the answer to the question above:
- Navigate to the ‘Lost deals by loss reason’ report in the left-side navigation.
- Then, utilize the $/# toggle to report on the total value ($) from lost deals or overall number of lost deals (#).
- Next, select the time frame to report on using the top-right time filter.
- Finally, you can select the deal loss reasons (competitor and doesn’t meet needs in this example) using the filter options on the right-side of the page.