PipelineDeals Help Center
Using Tasks, Events and Activities
Tasks and events are your future todos and activities are your documented actions while working on the record.
- An event is a todo item with a start and end time -- for example, a meeting on Thursday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- A task is a todo item to be completed in the future -- for example, a phone call you need to make on Friday.
- An activity is a note and record of the actions that you have taken with a person, deal, or company. You can categorize activities like phone calls, emails, appointments, or a custom category set by your admin in account settings.
Using Tasks, Events, and Activities on Profile Pages
Profile pages provide summaries of individual people, deals, and companies.
The profile page above is for a contact named Tim Johnson. You can schedule tasks to complete with Tim Johnson by clicking Add Task.
In the Add Task window, you can:
- Name the task
- Categorize the task type (1)
- Assign to a user in PipelineDeals depending on visibility (2)
- Set an optional due date (3)
- Leave a description or note for your reference
Once you have added a task, you can click on the task name to mark the task as complete, postpone the task 1 or 7 days, edit the task, or delete it.
Whenever you mark a task or event as complete, we recommend that you record an activity describing what you did. When you add an activity to your account, you can:
- Record details or notes about the activity (1)
- Categorize the activity by type (phone call, email, etc.) (2)
- Associate the activity to a person or deal
- Notify another user that you completed an activity (3). Note that you can also do so by @ mentioning them in the body of the activity (1) - just type "@" followed by the user's name that you wish to mention. You'll see autocomplete options pop up once you start typing their name.
Admins can customize activity categories, letting you report on the specific types of actions you are taking with your sales.
Users with visibility to other's People, Deals, or Company records can comment on activity notes for more collaboration.
Pro Tip: Make the task, event, and activity category types match in your account so if you have a task and event type for "Follow up Call" add it as a category for your activities as well. This will make working in your account and reporting much easier and more intuitive.
Working from the list views
From the list views, you can keep track of current tasks due and activities completed for companies, deals, and people.
- View your next task due and its due date
- Mark tasks as complete, postpone, or edit them by clicking on the task
- View the history of activities for a company, deal, or person
- See your latest activity at a glance and the date it was updated
- Add a new activity to a company, deal, or person
Get the most of your Tasks, Events, and Activities
There are several features to help you plan what you need to accomplish with your tasks and events.
- When you first sign in, you’ll be taken to your home tab, which contains an agenda showing you everything you need to get done for the day.
- The Calendar View provides a monthly snapshot of tasks and events assigned for you and your team.
- The Agenda gives you a powerful list view of all of your tasks and events that you can sort and filter on to see exactly what you need to get accomplished.
- You can enable email and text reminders for events, but not for tasks. Manage your reminders under the Gear icon > My profile > Notifications and by checking the box for Event Reminders for email. Changes will save automatically.
- From the Notifications page, you can also request a Morning Coffee Report, which includes a daily agenda. The daily agenda is an automatic email sent to you every morning containing all of your tasks and events for the day.
- Enable SMS reminders by clicking Mobile Number and entering your phone number.
- Note: This works for US numbers only.
- To track the Activities you and your team have added, you can use the Activity Scoreboard andActivity Report under the Reports tab.