PipelineDeals Help Center
Sending Email With Connect
Sending trackable emails within PipelineDeals allows sales teams to gain a deeper insight on prospects, and tailor their future interactions based on real data. This can be a very powerful tool in adding value at each level of the sales process, and turning customers into lifetime brand advocates.
Emails can be sent to one or many contacts at one time, within the People and Deals tabs. Campaigns are limited to 1000 recipients due to constraints in Google and Outlook. Please contact your email provider to see the specific sending limits they have in place. Our data shows that 93% of customers send campaigns to small, targeted batches of less than 50 recipients, which is what the feature is designed for.
Sending email from the Deals Tab
There are multiple ways to send email from the deals tab. If you want to send an email to a single recipient from the deals tab, you can select which contact you would like to email by clicking on the rolodex icon under the “People”, paging through the people tied to the deal using the “< >” arrows at the top of the window that appears, and clicking on the appropriate person’s email address. If you have multiple deals with a given contact, emailing from the deal level is a huge advantage, because the email will be logged as an activity within the selected deal. This allows for easy reference later if needed.
Trying to send an email to multiple contacts at once? Sending mass email from the deals tab is simple and straightforward. Use Custom List Views to filter your deals to just the ones you wish to reach out to, check the box at the top of the column of boxes on the left to select all deals that fit that filter, then click on the “Send Campaign” button. This will email the primary contact on each of the deals selected. Note that you will not be able to change pages on the list view and maintain your selections. You will need to filter your list view in order to prevent having to change pages.
Sending email from the People Tab
The advantage to emailing at the people level is that if the contact has yet to be associated to deal in your sales pipeline, you are able to track communication leading up to initializing and closing a deal. The ability to send trackable content can be a huge asset in turning a lead into a customer.
Send an email to a single contact by selecting the rolodex icon under the info column and clicking on their email address. It will send the email to the work email address that is listed for the contact.
To email multiple people at once, use Custom List Views to filter your deals to just the ones you wish to reach out to, check the box at the top of the column of boxes on the left to select all deals that fit that filter, then click on the “Send Campaign” button. To make things easier when selecting people to send to, you shgould filter your list view in order to prevent having to pick and choose individually.
The email composition window has a number of different features available to make your message look exactly the way you want.
- Subject Line: Enter a subject for your email here.
- Insert template or Save as new template: This is where you can choose to apply a template that you've already set up to your email draft. Just click on "Insert template" and pick the name of the template you wish to apply from the dropdown menu that will appear. Or, if you've composed a draft you'd like to use as a template in the future, click "Save as new template" to save this draft as a template for later use. Want to learn more about templates? Check out our support article on creating templates.
- Bold Italic, or Underline: Change your text to be bold, italic, or underlined.
- Paragraph Options: This allows you to change between writing normal paragraphs, setting apart a block quote, or creating headers.
- Font Color Options: Allows you to change the color of the font. You can select from a number of pre-defined colors
- Font Type Options: Allows you to choose your font from a number of different options. Click on the name of the font you wish to change to in order to change the font.
- Font Size Options: Choose the desired size of your font, from 10pt. to 22pt.
- Insert Link or Image: Click on the chain icon (left) to insert or remove a link. When inserting a link, you'll be asked for the URL of the link (that is, the website or email address you're linking to), the Title (also called the "alternate text" - this will display when mousing over the link), the Text (the text you're using for the link, for example, "Click here to visit our website!"), and the Target (whether this will open in a new tab or a different tab - if you're not sure what this is, don't worry about it). Links are automatically trackable links - you don't have to do anything else to track whether or not a recipient clicked on a link in your email.
The portrait icon (right) will allow you to add an image to the body of your email. If you need more detail on how to do so, you can read more about that here.
- Bulleted or Numbered List: Formats your text as a bulleted list (left) or a numbered list (right).
- Decrease or Increase Indent: Indent your text with the ease of a botton.
- Undo or Redo: If you make a change by mistake, you can undo it. You can also redo the change.
- Source Code/HTML View: This switches the view from the "What You See Is What You Get" (WYSIWYG) editor to the HTML editor. If you're familiar with HTML code, you can use this option to control the format of your email on a more granular level than how you can control it in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Composition Window: This is where you compose your message!
- Add attachment: Add an attachment to the email. Attachments are automatically trackable - you don't have to do anything else to track whether or not a recipient clicked to download an attachment to your email.
- Send or Cancel: Cancel sending the email or send your email. See instructions below for sending your email.
Sending your email
Once your email is drafted, you can choose to send it immediately or schedule to send it at a future date or time. Click on the arrow next to the “Send now” button and select “Schedule for later”. You can then pick the date and time you wish to send the email using the provided fields. Click “Save” when you’ve set the time you wish to send the email, and you’ll see the date and time you’re scheduled to send the email over the “Send” button, which will change from reading “Send now” to “Send later”.
You can view scheduled emails from your Connect tab. Simply click on “Connect” at the top of PipelineDeals, and you’ll see a box labeled “Scheduled”. From there, you can review your scheduled emails. Clicking on the name of an email will pull up a preview window with the options to edit or delete the email.
Another benefit to using PipelineDeals Grow is the ability to save templates. Want to save time and standardize your sales process? Check out our support article on creating templates.