PipelineDeals Help Center
Custom Field Groups FAQ
What are Custom Field Groups?
Custom Field Groups give you the ability to group your custom fields throughout your PipelineDeals account to make you more efficient during the day and help you sleep better at night knowing your data is effectively organized. You’ll be able to use your new Custom Field Groups in several areas of PipelineDeals:
Get organized and group your custom fields and move those groups anywhere on your profile for quick visibility and action.
List View Column Manager:
Enjoy our redesigned column manager to intuitively find and filter on the custom fields (and groups) that are most relevant to you.
Add/Edit Form Customization:
When you add new people, deals or companies, you will find one-off fields by using groups.
Who are we releasing Custom Field Groups to?
All users on all plan types will see this great upgrade!
- Admins will have the ability to create Custom Field Groups and be able to assign custom fields to the groups on their account.
- All users can then reorganize how the groups display on their profile pages, and find their custom fields in a more organized fashion when they add and edit companies, deals, people as well as when they use the listview column manager.
When will Custom Field Groups be live in my account?
Thursday, July 28th, 2016.
Why did PipelineDeals release Custom Field Groups?
Many customers have multiple teams operating under the same roof in PipelineDeals. Often these teams work with data unique to their process(es) and do not need to reference data irrelevant to their teams, processes and general day-to-day. Without the ability to organize data, all custom fields in a single group leads to teams independent of one another struggling to pick out the data they need from a giant pool of data.
What are some Group name examples that others are using to be better organized?
- Role: SDR (Sales Development Rep), Tier 2 Sales, Strategic Accounts
- Department: Sales, Billing, Support, Marketing
- Process: Order fulfillment, Prospecting, Customer outreach
Where in PipelineDeals will I see this change?
- Any List View
- Profile Pages
- Add/Edit Forms
- Additionally, account Admins will see custom field groups in Account Settings as well
Are these available on mobile?
Not with the initial launch.
Are there other changes I might notice?
- All users:
- New groups created by your admin will appear in a container at the bottom of your profile page which you can then drag and drop to a different location.
- “Other” category in the column manager and the Add/Edit form has been eliminated and now all system fields are grouped together.
- More drag and drop functionality throughout PipelineDeals to manage your view.
- More places to inline edit group and custom field names
- Changes to how you create, edit and delete custom fields
- New links in-app to directly add custom fields and change group names
Is there a limit to how many Custom Field Groups I can set up?
No, your admin can set up as many groups as your account needs.
What do I need to do to get started?
- Are you an Admin? Read this and set up your Custom Field Groups now! View QuickStart Guide
- Not an Admin? Send your admin the Quick Start Guide for Custom Field Groups and give them suggestions for the types of groups that you’d like to see!
- Have additional questions? Contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-702-7303