PipelineDeals Help Center
Home Tab FAQ
The New Home Tab Overview
What are we releasing and how will it help you?
The Home tab is getting a complete upgrade, giving you the ability to go to one place and know immediately where to focus your day to have the biggest impact on your pipeline. Think of the new Home tab as mission control of your pipeline’s deals. The Home tab enables you to see how you are doing and what you should do next by helping you:
- Focus on Opportunity: Your Pipeline Dollars and Pipeline Deals are highlighted front and center to help you focus your day on what’s important – new revenue opportunities. You can view your own pipeline, or your team’s pipeline if you have permission.
- Dynamically Track Performance: Pipeline Stats proactively track your performance to ensure you are on top of your game. Pipeline Stats also enable you to quickly compare performance through time.
- Take Strategic Action: The Home tab shows you your daily agenda, and helps you make smarter decisions about who to contact and when. In addition to Starred Lists, the Home tab encourages follow-up with leads that recently engaged with an email and highlights valuable deals that may be slipping away.
The new page gives you a complete overview of your Pipeline, your team’s Pipeline and/or your company’s pipeline. Through the home tab, you will be able to keep your Pipeline full and quickly know where you need to take action in order to make your numbers.
What is the point of each section on the Home tab?
There are 6 sections in the new Home tab.
- My Pipeline: (new)
Headlining the new Home tab are the totals for your Pipeline Dollars and Pipeline Deals that are currently active. Since your Pipeline is the life blood of your business, we’ve positioned it front and center to whet your appetite to go after and win that next deal in your pipeline.
*New and Unique to PipelineDeals*: The ability to view your Pipeline by when deals are expected to close. You can toggle your view to show your Pipeline by All Active Deals and All Expected (all active deals expected to close)* in a particular time period. For example, if you select ‘All Expected Deals’, your pipeline view will display which stage the deals expected to close this month currently live , so if you’re in early stages, get yourself in gear! This will allow you to know the health of your pipeline relative to your monthly (or quarterly, weekly etc) targets.
- Pipeline Stats: (new)
Now you can quickly view your Pipeline Stats to proactively track your sales performance to ensure you are on top of your game. These five key sales metrics will also enable you to compare your performance through time.
We moved and redesigned the Agenda section to make it easier to stay on top of your most important, and time-sensitive tasks that you need to complete to keep more deals moving through your pipeline.
- Starred Lists:
Starred lists put your favorite lists one-click away on your home tab and help you focus so that you never lose track of deals or leads in your pipeline. You loved this section to create a customized view of lists you want front-and-center so this hasn’t changed, just moved locations.
- Latest Email Interactions (new) / Inbox@pipelinedeals.com
Latest Email Interactions display for those of you on the Grow Plan who have synced with Connect. Having a live feed of email interactions allows you to follow-up with engaged leads & contacts much faster. Catching people while you’re focused on your content improves your chance of closing customers!
Inbox@pipelinedeals.com displays for Start Plan users. Here you can view and associate important emails to the right person, deal and/or company as an activity directly from your inbox on your home page. This feature also gives you the ability to control which specific emails to save directly on profiles in your account.
- Deals Slipping Away: (new)
Our goal is to help provide you intelligent guidance on which deals you should focus on next. We think you will have a better opportunity to exceed your quota if you can quickly view highly valued deals that you would otherwise miss. This section displays deals that we think you would be interested in following up on. Deals that are relatively large, haven’t been touched in a while and don’t have tasks scheduled are most likely to appear here. This is not a list you could easily recreate on your own so we hope this helps you improve your results!
When will I see this live in my account?
We are doing a rolling release starting Thursday, August 11th, 2016, so your account will see it either on, or after that date.
Who gets it?
All customers will receive these great enhancement to their Home tab, however, different customers will see different things based on their unique subscription and permission levels as follows:
- Home tab views when selecting the “My Pipeline” drop down arrow:
- Basic Users: You will be able to view your own pipeline and related stats, but no one else’s.
- Managers: You will be able to switch to view the pipelines and stats for individual users on your team
- Executives: You will be able to switch to other team members versions of the new Home tab and to tabs summarizing your team’s data (ie team pipelines and the company pipeline)
- Grow Plan Customers will see a section labeled “Latest Email Interactions”
- Start Plan Customers will see “firstname.lastname@example.org” instead.
Will this release affect the mobile app?
Mobile apps: No
Mobile browser: Yes
Where can I view webinar recordings of the Product Training for this release?
We will post the class recording from “Your New Home Tab and Other Product Updates” webinar on Grow University https://www.pipelinedeals.com/classes after the live class on August 17th, 2016.
Summary of Changes
What’s moving from the old Home tab to a new location in PipelineDeals?
- Sales Dashboard:
- The entire Sales Dashboard section is no longer on the Home tab. Most of these components are moving to the Reports tab.
- “Deals by Stage” is visible in Reports > Dashboard (no change)
- “Active Deals by Status” is visible in Reports > Dashboard (no change)
- “Revenue this month”, “...year”, “...from sources” is moving to Reports > Revenue (new)
- Recent Updates
- Moving to Reports > Recent Updates (new)
- The functionality to see other people’s Agenda is no longer in the Agenda section. Instead, you will use the new “My Pipeline” selector to view the agenda of another user you manage.
What parts of the old Home tab is being retired?
- In General:
- You will no longer be able to collapse/minimize the different sections of your Home tab
- Sales Dashboard
- Commission charts, specifically “Commissions this month” and “Commissions this year” are being retired.
- While you won’t see these on the home tab any longer, you can still recreate these using the Excel or Google Sheet Integration. Learn how here: https://help.pipelinedeals.com/hc/en-us/articles/222595727-How-to-Recreate-Commission-Charts
- No more ability to add task/event directly in the Agenda section.
- Work-around: Use the + menu in the top nav
- Eliminated time frame options: Tomorrow, Next Week, Future, Someday
What’s different or updated?
- There are different time frame options in the Agenda. Now it displays: Past Due, Today, This week
- New: Badge showing how many items are due today
- There are lots of visual improvements to make this section easier to use
How can I recreate the Commissions charts that are being retired if I need them?
- It’s easy using our Excel or Google Sheet integration! Learn how to here: https://help.pipelinedeals.com/hc/en-us/articles/222595727-How-to-Recreate-Commission-Charts
Section Descriptions & How They Work
What is My Pipeline?
Feature Description: The top line is the sum of your total dollars and total deals in your active Pipeline. Below that is the stage by stage breakdown of your active pipeline that includes the total value and number of deals in each stage.
How it Works:
- The values in each stage are clickable and will take you to your respective list views.
- You can adjust your view in 3 ways:
- “My Pipeline” selector
- Based on your permissions, managers and executives can view the Pipeline for your entire team or individuals on your team.
- Time frame (This Week, This Month, This quarter, This Year)
- Time frame only impacts the view if “All Expected” is toggled on.
- “All Active Deals” or “All Expected” toggle
- Choose to display all of the active deals or only the active deals with an expected to close date that fits within the selected time frame
- If timeframe is ‘this month’ and pipeline set to ‘expected,’ for example, then only deals expected to close this month will be summarized in the Pipeline component.
What are my Pipeline Stats?
Feature Description: This section highlights 5 universally-accepted sales metrics to track overall progress. This enables customers to know your current performance statistics so you can make informed decisions on how to spend your time to hit your numbers.
How it Works: All of these stats dynamically update when you change the “My Pipeline” selector as well as the time frame filter.
- Amount Won: Total amount of dollars moved to “Closed-Won” in the selected time frame.
- Deals Won: Total number of deals moved to “Closed-Won” in the selected time frame.
- Sales Cycle Time: The average number of days taken to close-win deals during the selected time frame.
- Win Ratio: The percentage of all deals closed in the selected time frame that were closed-won.
- Average Won Deal Size: The average amount of all deals closed-won during the selected time frame.
What is my Agenda?
Feature Description: View, mark complete/incomplete, manage and delete all tasks due today and this week, as well as past due tasks.
How it Works:
- View: Today (Default). Options to show Tomorrow and This week as well.
- Type: Displays both tasks and events
- Add New: Use the “+” from the top menu to add new tasks or events. No quick link to add in this section.
- Complete/Manage: Use the drop down arrow to the left of the due date.
- Overdue items now styled with an exclamation icon and red text
- Task is overdue the day after its due date
- Event is overdue 30 minutes after its end time
What are Starred Lists?
Feature Description: By starring a saved list, you have quick, 1-click access to a dynamic list view on your home tab and in your Morning Coffee Report.
With Starred Lists, you can:
- View top priorities, such as the number of deals closing this quarter, on your home tab.
- Highlight favorite lists to focus your team and avoid losing things in the cracks.
- Easily save and share valuable lists of leads, deals, and to-do items with your team.
What are Latest Email Interactions?
Feature Description: View all trackable emails that have been recently opened or clicked on by your recipients.
How it Works:
- You must be subscribed to the Grow Plan.
- If you are a Start Plan customer, then you will see your Inbox (see below)
- Your must have synced your email with your Connect inbox
- If you do not sync your email (you will only see a prompt to sync here).
- To view your inbox, you will need to visit the Connect tab.
- This inbox only displays tracked emails-- campaigns or single-recipient emails with tracking turned on.
- This displays the five most recent email interactions.
What is the Inbox@pipelinedeals.com section?
Feature Description: The inbox is where you have the ability to manually associate important Emails to the right person, deal and/or company as an activity directly from your inbox on your home page.
How it Works:
- A customer must be a Start Plan user, then you will see your Inbox
- If a customer has Grow and does not sync your email l (you will only see a prompt to sync, and will need to view your inbox in the Connect tab.
- This displays all emails that have been sent to “email@example.com from the email account recognized email in PipelineDeals.
What are Deals Slipping Away?
Feature Description: This section provides helpful insights to recommend which deals a customer should work on to keep deals from falling through the cracks, stalling, and negatively affecting a company’s win ratio.
How it works:
We use an algorithm to assign a value to a deal and to rank deals in order of importance:
- Deal Size: The higher the deal amount, the more likely it is to appear at the top of the list.
- Deals that are stalling: The farther into the future that the next task is scheduled, the more likely it is to appear at the top of the list.
- Deals that are forgotten: The bigger the time-gap between the most recent activity and the next scheduled activity, the more likely it is to appear at the top of the list.